Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pilot-N-Paws Flight Number 4!

As I mentioned in the last post, I joined a new flying club.  I did my checkout flight on saturday the 30th and I did a pilot-n-paws rescue flight.  I took a lot of photos, so I'll cut the text short.
----
Summary:
KHFY -> 4I7 -> KDKB -> KCLI -> KLAF -> KHFY
I left from Greenwood to go to pick up the puppies from the rescuer.
From there I flew to Dekalb to get fuel.
Then to Clintonville to drop of the puppies with the new owners.
I flew home from there and I wanted to try to make it the whole way, but I wasn't getting the groundspeed I needed in order to make it.  I stopped in Lafayette because I haven't before.
The hour flight home from Lafayette was easy and short.
Now to the photos:
An early morning start.  On the way to 4I7

Somewhere boring in Indiana.
The Rescuers.  Getting ready to pack the puppies up for the trip.

Trees!!!!

They are in there sleeping.

At least until I woke them up.

Yep, they are wearing puppy sweaters.

Some college in southern Wisconsin

Wisconsin has prettier lakes than Indiana.

"scenery"

It was 1:00 pm and I was starving.  There was no crew car and no one else around.  I ordered a pizza.  Great decision.

I think that is Lake Geneva, WI.

Some neat shallow lake.

Cruising along at 7500'.  The Garmin Aera is an amazing tool. Hooray Central Indiana Aero Club.

Northern Illinois.  You can see a lot of wind turbines if you look closely.

Rockin' the Suburbs!

mmmm, wind power!

01 Lima on the ramp in KLAF after getting fuel.

On the way home between Lafayette and Indianapolis.

My old home airport is over there.  KEYE

IND International.  I'm getting to fly over the top at 4000'

A better look at international.

Almost Home!

5 comments:

  1. Dang, that's a lot of flying in one day - great photos! Did you take the shoreline route past downtown Chicago or head West?

    ReplyDelete
  2. West. There was a presidential TFR until around 2pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay election season!

    Too bad though, I'm sure the view of downtown would've been awesome yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben,
    Just found your blog when you left a comment on my rescue flight. Good reading so far but I much to catch up on.

    I added you link to my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gary. I just now saw your comment. Look forward to any tips you have. thanks!

    ReplyDelete